Thursday, October 7, 2010

Photography Post...

Ok, quilters, we will pause for a message from a great photography blog...Life with my 3 Boybarians. :)  I told you all that I am trying to improve my photography skills and this lovely lady has written some of the best tutorials I have read on the details of photography, written for every day people gettin' to know their camera better.  So I am posting an experiment on aperture.  I took these photos in the backyard with a silly fake flower. They all look the same except the f-stop is different in each one.  You can see the background progressively becoming clearer.  I took 17 in all using all my f-stops but I'll only show 5 here.  Thanks Darcy!  Great posts...
 f/5  1/125  ISO 100
 f/8   1/60  ISO 100
 f/13   1/25   ISO 100
 f/20   1/10   ISO 100
f/32   1/4   ISO 100

Since I used a tripod I took these all at ISO 100.  It is going to be 80 degrees this weekend here in Minneapolis!!!  Crazy.  Go Twins!!!!!

2 comments:

Darcy @ m3b said...

Excellent job!

The first photo, the eye definitely goes to the flowers, while in the last shot, the tree is so much in focus the eye follows the light to the leaves behind the flowers.

Job well done!

reb said...

Wow- 80 degrees?? I am not sure that I am looking forward to that. I like the fall weather! I will have to check out this photography blog. I am working on mine too! Thanks for sharing!