Sunday, May 16, 2010

{Everything I'd never done}




I just finished a little project; forcing me to try a whole bunch of techniques I'd always wanted to try but never got around to.  You know how it goes...the list of things to finish and fabric waiting to be cut for the next quilt.  But I rarely take the time to just sit and play.

Kristina asked if I would make a mini quilt featuring solids for a quilt shop display she is putting together.    Count me in!  I have never made a mini quilt before and now I understand what the huge draw is...so quick and a great way to try things!

Try a quilt with just solids...check.  Try straight line, all direction quilting...check.  Modern pieced binding...check.  Practice wonky log cabin blocks...check.  Make a shop sample...check!


Thanks Kristina, I had a good time working on this one.


4 comments:

Angela Nash said...

You're awesome on all those firsts! Love that mini. I haven't done a crazy pieced binding yet - love it!!

Melissa Berberena said...

That's awesome...I love the colors & the funky pattern! You are so talented Alyson!

Steph said...

Love it, love it, love it. So ... avant garde.

kristina said...

SO glad I get to see the real thing almost everyday for awhile, it turned out great! Especially LOVE the little orange patches on the binding--you rock!