Tuesday, May 3, 2011

TCSMQG Table Runner Swap

Three more weeks until my kids are on summer break.  There is a lot of emotion in that statement!  We are excited to change things up a bit but we all love our school and community there. We will really miss it for three months.   I am wondering how I will do without my own time to get things done in the peace and quiet.   Now that the kids are 6 and 7 this summer involves a lot more running around than past summers but I am embracing a good attitude. :)

The sewing machine has been humming lately.  My daughter finished her very first quilt last week (photos to come).   I finished a table runner for a swap at our modern quilt guild.  Cheryl gave me such great fabric to work with.  I wanted to do a modern take on some very traditional flying geese blocks.





I'll post later with photos from the wonderful runner I took home.  Well, my daughter and I are celebrating our last "hang-out" days together with pedicures today...fun!

2 comments:

Angela Nash said...

Very cute! I don't know which side I like better. I love flying geese but they are on the bottom of my fun-to-make list.

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Love the loopy quilting!