Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bloggers Quilt Festival!

Now this is cool. An online quilt show! My entry is shown below. I will blog more about this quilt in the future but it was my first quilt ever and the project that got me hooked on all this fabulous fabric fun. When I needed new bedding for my daughters "big girl" bed and couldn't find anthing I decided to take her old crib bedding and create a quilt. With the help of my two grandmothers this is the result. I had it quilted by a wonderful longarm quilter in the Minneapolis area, Sara Peterson. If you have some time you should check out all of the amazing entrys. Wow. Thanks Park City Girl! Great idea...

17 comments:

Unknown said...

You know whenever I see pink and green in a quilt my heart just skips a beat...I love it to pieces...You must have been happy when you did this...the quilt says so.

Susan said...

Beautiful and I love your idea of using the nursery bedding to make a big girl quilt!

Vicki said...

I really like that soft green you used. I like those star blocks too.

Unknown said...

Nice idea to recycle that nursery bedding - I'm always a sucker for sawtooth stars and especially when they're just sprinkled here and there like you have - lovely!

Susan said...

I love pink and green great colors thanks for Sharing

Zonnah said...

It is beautiful! good job.

Carol said...

Pretty. Mmmmmm I have a lovely set of sheets belonging to my daughter that would look good as a quilt :)

Scrappy quilter said...

Love it. So very pretty.

Jocelyn said...

Oh wow, love your quilt. Very pretty colors.

Anonymous said...

So pretty, and a great way to be able to continue to use her bedding!

hetty said...

Very nice! I love the colours you used!

Miri said...

Very pretty quilt!

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely quilt.

Janet M said...

I just have to say that I have seen this quilt in person and the photos do not do it justice! I still can't believe this was your first project :) What a lucky little girl you have.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

What a pretty quilt

stitchinpenny said...

What a wonderful way to use her nursery stuff. quilting really is a green indutry. the quilt turned out beautifully.

Martine Kuciel said...

printanier et frais tout en simplicité ,très joli,beau travail