Monday, September 14, 2009

Some Bad Chicken.

Does anyone remember that cute commerical with that little boy who ate the "bad chicken". I think it was a Medica commerical. I laughed so hard every time I saw it. I checked you tube, no luck.

Bad chicken is what I have been cooking. My last few attempts at a yummy family dinner have flopped. Usually the kids don't eat much, my husband and I eat one meal but no one touches the leftovers. Tonight, not even edible. (burned orange chicken from the slow cooker anyone?) So I might turn over the cooking reigns to my husband. He is an excellent cook (leftovers are always gone) and more than fabulous on the grill. There is no pressure for me to cook I just feel like it makes more sense than to wait until Mr. Fabulous gets home from work, plus he likes to hang with the kids as much as possible when he gets home. The SAHM guilt!

Thanks for letting me rant. My name is Alyson and I don't love to cook. Baking...I'm all in. I have the itch to make caramel apple pie this fall...but not until the temperature falls below 80.

Remember the tall table I found at the garage sale a few weeks ago? Well, here is the finished project...
It found a place in my entry way and I think it will stay there. Someday I will change the spring decor to fall...it's on my list.
I put in a few hours at the sewing machine today, I know, I'm shocked too. I am making another Simple Swap Squares quilt. This time in Christmas fabric!!! Holly Taylor's Moda line called Frosted Memories. It's beautiful fabric, a little rustic with darker reds and greens. It actually matches my Christmas dishes (My Mom pointed that out, hadn't thought of it). Actually Mom liked it so much she wanted one too so this one is hers. :)

Just checked Fat Quarter Shop online and they have this layer cake on sale, 24.99 I think. I try to purchace locally first and then go online if I can't find something. This line sold so quickly at my LQS that I had to go online. Actually I should rave about Fat Quarter Shop because when I cut into this layer cake there was a manufacuter's defect and about 5 fabric squares were cut way too small. I called up Fat Quarter Shop and they sent me another one, in one day, no questions asked! I was impressed.

Ok, I've rambled enough today. Can you tell I had a quiet day with no kiddos yesterday? I have stuff to share and stuff to say!

No comments: