I started this project long ago. I repurposed fabric from my daughter's Pottery Barn crib bumper and crib sized duvet cover. It was a project that started great and then went downhill. I have never sewed a window treatment of any kind, so of course, lets jump right into roman shades! I found an amazing tutorial by Jen Duncan. Her window is about half the size of mine.
Anyway, after I figured out that my measurements were a little off I dropped this project in frustration. Meanwhile my daughter enjoyed her lovely home depot paper shades for a few more months. I picked this back up a few days ago opting for cute-but-not-perfect over paper.
I have to find a hardware piece to wrap the pull string and we'll call it done. It is a little narrow on the top, and even narrower on the bottom, but it matches the quilt I made and the window seat cushion and pillows her aunt made. I hope to sew some pillow shams and then her room will be done. :)