Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm a winner!

Wow, it is turning into a really great day! I just won some charm packs and a new pattern from Maria at PassingDownCrazy! Thank you!!! I love her blog; it is full of quilts and knitting, very cool. I feel so lucky today...maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket. No, then I will have to explain that craziness to my 5 and 4 yr old! I think I'll just share a few projects I've been working on. Pardon the poor picture quality, it has been rainy here, with the worst light in the house!
Have you ever one of those "why did I try this project?" weeks? Well, that where I am this week as I am trying to sew a roman shade for my daughter's room. I tore apart her toddler duvet and bumper pad from Pottery Barn Kids (that was a little painful) and sewed them together with drapery lining on the back. I followed this great tutorial, along with checking out many books from my local library. Or as my daughter calls it my "loco library". I thought everything was coming together until I held it up to her window this morning and realized the bottom width is about and inch less than the top and leaves a nice gap between the window and the shade. I didn't do a very good job squaring my fabric. I might just go forward, get it together and see how bad it looks once installed, not much else to do. I don't have additional fabric, this was it. :( I also whipped up another coffee cozy/coffee cuff for my sister in law, now residing in Michigan (miss you guys!). She loved this quilt and luckily I had some scraps! Happy Birthday Nia!Hope your day is filled with fun surprises too!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hooray! Congrats!