Friday, November 6, 2009

::Print your own fabric and a quilting club::

Oh, I have been ignoring this blog a bit...but enjoying sewing. I am in the middle of many things and will post pictures when the projects look like something. :) I had to share my excitement with Spoonflower. An online company that will print fabric for you. I found this to be a very reasonable way to get personalized sewing labels; that is what you are seeing in the photo below. I am going to cut up the yardage and sew the individual labels on to my projects. Tuesday night I participated in a quilting club for the younger crowd over at Quilted Treasures in Rogers, MN. I had a great time, met some new friends and got a few things done. We are getting together again so if you live close by check it out!
This week flew by and I can hardly remember what we've been doing but I'll leave you with the trick or treating pic below...the bumble bee, muscle man and mr. handsome!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I've been looking at label possibilites and have been wary of the ones you print yourself. Thanks for sharing!

Angela Nash said...

It looks like your labels turned out great!

Bec said...

Great picture of the kids & Mark!
Hope they had fun! And you new label fabric with your name/logo
is really neat! Never heard of that before! Will be nice for you to have them for your projects!

Steph said...

That fabric came out great!!! Love the costumes, too!

szkornelia said...

I really like your christmas quilt. Nice colors. Also the table runners are cool.

Thearica said...

I have been toying with the idea of using Spoonflower for some fabric. I had heard they used cheaper quality fabrics. Can you give me any insight on this? How does your fabric feel to the hand?