Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year...New Camera!

I have been very lazy in posting to my blog as of late. That was on purpose. I was on Christmas vacation with my kids and wanted to embrace every inch of their almost-5 and just-turned-6 world.
This Christmas was so precious to me. I enjoyed having kids who were eager to jump into all the preparations and planning. I enjoyed all the school programs, dance recitals, birthday parties, baking, Christmas parties, cooking, outdoor parades, shopping and family gatherings that we packed into 14 or so days. The kids were so excited for everything. We had so much fun.

Many blogs have been creating great collages of 2009 projects, writing out lists of goals for the upcoming months and showcasing best of photos. I have had so much fun checking them out and I feel like I should put together something to mark the new year but I am going to stay on my stress free binge and pass.
Instead I will show you a few photos. I haven't worked on a quilt project for two weeks so I don't have much to share in that arena. I have been spending some time behind the lens of my new camera (Thanks to Mom, Dad and Husband). Sooooooooo excited!! I have always enjoyed basic photography but this is my first DSLR camera and I am determined to learn how to use everything. Thanks to my in-laws I also have Photoshop Elements to play around with too!I hope this fresh new year brings hope and joy to you. I have to close with a quilt I photographed at my Grandma's house. A friend of hers made it; I think she is over 90 years old. It feels good to have a hobby that I might do the rest of my life!



5 comments:

Steph said...

Hope you're having fun with your new camera! I have been known to give tutorials over Skype in Adobe programs :)

Great seeing you guys over the holidays.

love you!

Gracen, Tegan and Family said...

yes she's good at that Alyson- just ask your brother:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and thank you for these beautiful pictures. Happy New Year !

Bec said...

HI - Great pictures Alyson! Good job with your new camera!! Love the new heading on your blog too
with the hydrangea! Keep the new pictures coming! And thanks for coming to visit last wkd! Loved
having you all here!!

Two Dogs and a Quilt said...

Beautiful pictures! Enjoy that new camera.