Friday, February 19, 2010

Wonderland Quilt

Oh, what a beautiful week here in Minnesota! 35 and sunny everyday. Some of you may think I have a crazy perspective. I might, but I do love living here. You will hear me complain when it hits 90 degrees this summer. On to the quilting...This project is my sister in law's quilt. She had someone sew the top based on my Simple Swap Squares tutorial. The fabric is Momo's Wonderland for Moda. I like the colors even better in person, the pics were taken quickly. I quilted with a simple stipple and the back is Kona cotton. I am not sure what color it is but it is beautiful! The binding is a brown fabric;I think it is Urban Couture from Basic Grey for Moda. Cream Aurafil thread blends in on this busy quilt.
See that Bright pink square with brown polka dots? MY FAVORITE! If I ever see that fabric 2 yards are coming home to live at my house!
Feels great to get sewing again. Stay tuned for the start of another fun project...

5 comments:

szkornelia said...

Very cheerful quilt, with all those nice pinks and reds and baby blues. Will ne nice for spring and summer.

Angela Nash said...

Cute quilt!

And that's how the weather was here, and all the kids were running around outside in short sleeves. It feels like a heat wave!

Steph said...

As always, I love it!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

beautiful simple quilt!!! shows the colors great!

The Runyans said...

oh my goodness i love that quilt. . ..it's fabulous!