Thursday, February 18, 2010

Turn back the clock: Wedding Quilt 1997

Almost done with this baby.....But I want to share the quilt pictured below...
As I was making my bed yesterday I realized that this quilt has yet to hit blogland. My Grandma made it for my wedding almost 13 years ago. I have blogged about her before...here. This quilt is huge; a generous queen size quilt long enough to do a pillow wrap/cover. I love the effect of a whole quilt in only two fabrics. That is on my list of quilts to make. What is interesting about this quilt is that it is hand quilted and doesn't have binding. She simply machine stiched the top and backing, right sides together, layered the batting in there and hand stiched the side up. At least I think that's how she did it, I never did talk to her about it. Anyway, I am thrilled to have this huge, hand quilted keepsake from her.

1 comment:

SueWis said...

Love your wedding quilt! I too, like the look of just two colors.

Also love the colors of your latest project!