Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Half-Square Blocks

Yesterday I found this fun blog...http://metrosupialdesigns.wordpress.com/. She has some beautiful quilts and I learned a lot about value and putting fabrics together. She is doing a quilt a long with Half-Square blocks. I love how there are endless possibilities for half-square blocks and I decided to put together a fall table topper with some Shangri-La scraps (Moda, 3 sisters). I am donating this one to a "Thanksgiving" themed basket at the kids' school auction. Here are the options I came up with...Same set of squares...very different looks...
In the end I think I'll go with this one:It actually isn't my favorite but I think it is the best one for this project.
Check this quilt out from Red Pepper Quilts! She used 400 half square blocks for this. It is one of the best quilts I have ever seen, I love it! Someday... It does reinforce that I need to keep fabric shopping, I don't have enough different fabrics to make this. :)

1 comment:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

the possibilities are endless with 1/2 sq triangles.. i love that you took pictures of your many options.. it shows how one thing really does effect another!