Friday, October 23, 2009

Homework...



Our school is hosting an auction and each class is putting together a themed basket of goodies. The themes I have to work with are "Thanksgiving" and "Arts and Crafts". I really wanted to put something together using fabric I had at home and that worked out! The above (frustrating rotated) photos are the table topper I thought would be for a thanksgiving dinner. I used Moda Shangri'la scraps from another table runner I did...not sure if I posted about that one...hmmmm.
Below is a kids crayon/marker holder for travel. I have made a few of these but I made this one bigger to hold longer markers. It is a bit too long but I like the Moda MoMo Wonderland fabric, hopefully it works for a boy or a girl.

Sidenote: Blogger still rotates photos as I upload if it thinks it should be vertical. It doesn't seem to matter what I do. If anyone knows how to change this let me know.

Have a great weekend everyone, we have a busy but fun one ahead...thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Angela Nash said...

Great auction items! The boy or girl who gets the markers will love that little carry-along.

I don't have trouble with blogger messing with my photos. Since you watermark, I assume you use a photo program. That's all I could think of - I edit all my pics with photoshop and specifically crop and save them in the desired orientation. Also, I upload from my computer - not linked to flickr.

Melissa Berberena said...

That marker holder is soooo cute! What a great idea, you are very talented lady. I love looking at all your creations :)

Steph said...

I l-o-v-e [love!] The marker holder! Perhaps I can commission you to make one of those for me? For my x-acto's and such.